Children at Baring enjoy the opportunity of having healthy fresh-cooked meals everyday that are cooked on site.
Currently school dinners cost £2.50 a day. All pupils in Reception and Key Stage 1 are now entitled to a FREE school meal.
Further information about school meals including sample menus and information about applying for free school meals can be found below:
School dinner menus can be viewed below:
Children who do not choose to have a cooked meal can bring a packed lunch to school.
We encourage healthy eating and expect parents to choose healthily when creating a packed lunch (this applies to lunches that children take when out from school on educational visits and trips).
An example of a healthy packed lunch:
- A sandwich (no peanut butter)
- No crisps except baked snacks eg. Baked crisps, cheddars.
- A wafer biscuit e.g. kit kat, blue ribband.
- Yoghurt and a piece of fruit.
- Bottle of water or juice.
- No sweets, fizzy drinks, nuts or chocolate (unless covering a wafer/biscuit)
A fruit scheme is offered to all Nursery and Infant children at morning break which is sponsored by the Government through the Healthy Schools Program. The under 5’s also benefit from milk that is on offer during the day, cooled water is also available throughout the school.